- Cost: New license cost is $205
- Current Version: Adobe Acrobat Professional 2020
- Restrictions: For U of T departments, faculty and staff only on U of T owned workstations.
- License Type: Perpetual Single Workstation License
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows, Mac
- Installation Media: Installation media is included with online purchase.
Adobe Acrobat Professional software allows you to create, combine and control Adobe PDF documents. You can create PDF documents with one-button ease from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Project, Visio, Access, Publisher, and AutoCAD. Acrobat Professional can and scan paper documents with OCR (optical character recognition) technology to create compact, searchable PDF documents. You can also create fillable forms for distribution by e-mail or on the web with the Forms Designer software included with the Adobe Acrobat Professional.
PDF documents and fillable forms can be read using the free Acrobat Reader software available for Adobe. For more product information, visit the Adobe website.
See what is new in Adobe Acrobat Professional 2020.
For full details on ordering, see our “How to Purchase Software” page.
Vendor and Support
- Vendor: Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Support: Acrobat Help and Support Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Sign-in hangs at the end of Acrobat 2020 for Mac installation.
A: The installer asks for the serial number during installation and sign-in can be skipped. Another solution is to uninstall and resinstall Acrobat, including older versions.
Q: Installation hangs when installing on macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
A: During/After installation of Acrobat 2017 for Mac (10.12 and above) the program hangs when signing into an Adobe ID.
Please see the command provided below to resolve this issue:
sudo /Applications/Adobe\ Acrobat\ 2017/Adobe\ Acrobat.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat