To compliment our video production services, we also provide video editing. Our services range from simple editing & titling of your project to complete management of your scripted production or promotional video.
- Multi-camera editing (eg. switching from wide and close-up shots)
- Syncing presentation slides with event footage
- Editing coherent timelines with interviews, B-roll, etc.
Transcription and Captioning
Videos hosted online by U of T that are available to the general public must be accompanied by transcripts or captioned for compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). For general information on the AODA see the University of Toronto AODA Office website. Specific details on accessible media are on the AODA Office Accessible Communications page.
Media Production can arrange for external transcription and captioning services for any of the media work that we produce for our clients. Estimates for transcription/captioning can be provided for production bookings.
There are many options for members of the U of T community who require transcription or captions for their own videos hosted on U of T websites or on YouTube/Vimeo or other services.
- a captioning service is available within YouTube. Information is available on the YouTube help page.
- companies that provide transcription/captioning services. Costs are generally per minute of video (Note: please confirm with the company if prices are in Canadian or US currency).
- An extensive list of vendors is available in a research study produced by The Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) entitled “Report on Accessible Media (ROAM)” (see pages 92-95). The report also contains other valuable information on accessible media. The list does not include all available vendors, so doing a web search can provide more results. Some others are:
Further information on the “Report on Accessible Media (ROAM)” document can be seen on the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) web site.