- Annual License Period: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Cost: New license cost is $140 for stand-alone single workstation license.
- Current Version: 9.4
- Restrictions: For U of T departments, faculty, staff, and students only. Use for clinical research is prohibited.
- License Type: Subscription
SAS is a powerful, feature-rich, statistical analysis program. It is used in a wide variety of disciplines. The SAS "Educational Analytic Suite" (EAS) contains the following components:
SAS Bridge to ESRI
SAS Online Tutor
SAS Integration Technologies
For full details on ordering, see our “How to Purchase Software” page.
If purchasing SAS for Windows, you will need to know:
- What version you have installed (Home, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)
- If it is 32-bit or 64-bit
SAS Version 9.4 for Windows will NOT run on:
- Macintosh (not supported)
- Windows XP (Home)
- Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium)
- Windows 7 (Starter, Home Basic)
SAS 9.4 will run on:
- Windows 10 (Home, Professional, Enterprise)
- Windows 8.1 (Professional, Enterprise)
- Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate)
- Windows XP (Professional, Media Center, Tablet)
- Windows Server
- z/OS (mainframes)
Complete list of SAS Supported Operating Systems.
Vendor and Support
Free E-Learning Courses
Included with your SAS license purchase are free E-Learning courses. Registering for the course will require an activation code which can be acquired by emailing our office. Please include information about the purchase for verification. Once the code has been obtained follow these steps:
- Go to support.sas.com/myelearn and log into your profile. If you do not currently have a profile, please create one using the link on this page.
- Enter your activation code into the activation code box, then click Submit. Review the license agreement and select I agree to accept it.
- You should now see the training in your list of active courses and the date on which your access expires. Select a course title to start your learning.
Summary of Courses:
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming II: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Programming III: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Macro Language I: Essentials
- SAS e-Learning: Querying and Reporting Using SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS e-Learning: SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting
- SAS e-Learning: SAS SQL I: Essentials
Frequently Asked Questions
Installation and Renewal
Q: Do you have installation instructions?
A: ISO Installation instructions for files downloaded from software.utoronto.ca:
A: DVD Installation instructions for:
Q: How do I renew my SAS license?
A: SAS Renewal Instructions:
Q: How can I determine if my version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit?
A: How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
Q: Do I have the 32-bit or 64-bit version of SAS installed on my Windows x64 workstation?
Installation and Activation Issues
Q: The installation is taking a long time. Is this normal?
A: Yes, the installation will take at least an hour.
Q: When installing SAS 9.4 on Windows 8 the SAS Deployment Wizard attempts to install .NET Framework 3.5 during the Stage 1: System Requirements phase and fails. How do I continue with installation?
A: You will need to manually download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and install it. Please see the SAS KB article for resolution of this issue.
Q: After installing SAS 9.4 I cannot find the SAS shortcut. I only see three shortcuts: SAS 9.4 Deployment Manager, SAS Integration Technologies Configuration, and SAS Install Qualification Tool 9.405. The installation only took 15 minutes.
A: Please verify whether or not your Windows installation is 64-bit. The likely cause is that your Windows installation is 32-bit you will need to exchange for SAS 9.3 32-bit as there is no 32-bit version of SAS 9.4.
Q: When installing SAS 9.3 on Windows Home Premium the following message appears: "The version of the operating system you are using is not supported by the software you are attempting to install."
A: Remove the compatibility mode setting from setup.exe
Q: When installing SAS 9.3 on Windows the computer reboots in the middle of the installation and the program is not installed.
A: Pre-requisite programs are being installed which require a reboot before continuing with the installation. Run setup.exe again to continue with installing the program. The computer may need to restart multiple times without notice. Ensure that if you must run other applications while installing that you save any work.
Q: I have a Mac, how can I install SAS?
A: There is no version of SAS for the Mac. You can install Windowson a mac using one of two methods listed below. A license and installation media for Windows is required. Faculty/Staff can download a copy for Microsoft Windows for use on their University-owned workstation from microsoft.utoronto.ca. Student or personal use Windows licenses can be purchased from www.microsoftstore.com. Ensure that the Professional version of Windows 8 is purchased as the consumer version is not supported. Support for this is not provided by the Licensed Software Office.